Since opening, we’ve gotten a lot of questions about who we are exactly. “Are you a chain?” “Where are the other Ruby’s located?” “Where are you from?” All great questions. Before we opened, we emphasized our regional focus, but somewhere in the mix we lost the fact that we’re a local company—not just one that carries local products.
The truth of the matter is we’re a part of Pyramid Foods, the same company that operates Price Cutter, Summer Fresh, and a few other grocery stores. Our offices are out on Highway 125 in Rogersville. We’ve been a part of the local community for 50 years. Ruby’s is our latest effort to strengthen our bonds with this place we love so much.
Here are some quick notes about Ruby’s and our commitment to the area.
- Currently over 50 local vendors’ products are carried in the store.
- Look for signs on the shelf to help you find local items. Lots of the markers have a photo of the producer with a bit about them.
- What do we consider local? To us, it’s Missouri, but we still feature products made in neighboring states.
- You can find local and regional products in almost every department: meat, bakery, dairy, health & beauty, beer, wine & spirits, and nearly everything in between.
- The idea for the store and operations planning were all worked out right here in Springfield—by folks who grew up here and in the surrounding area.
- The design of the store and the exterior were created by local companies as well. The architecture, front garden beds, water collection bins, branding, logo… they were all dreamed up here too.
- That big sign out front? Pinnacle Sign Group built it… you guessed it, right here in Springpatch.
On top of selling their stuff, we also like to help local vendors connect to the community by hosting classes where they can discuss what they make and answer questions. Look for the calendar of events on our Facebook page. The meetups are really fun and there are normally delicious samples.
So yeah. That’s us, Ruby’s Market: Good Food For All. If you’ve been in the store, thanks so much. Be sure to let us know what we can do to serve you better (this is a first for us, so we’re kind of learning as we go). If you haven’t been in, well, we sure hope you swing by soon to see what we have going. If you have any questions, just shoot us a message by clicking here. We’ll do our best to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks, everyone!